SUSTAINABILITY is the integrated pursuit of social equity, environmental integrity, and economic security for current and future generations.
Our mission is to integrate sustainability as a core principle throughout operations, research, and education at the University of Utah and to support initiatives that cultivate the campus a living laboratory.
Our vision is to create a culture of responsibility by integrating the values of sustainability in all facets of the University of Utah and to serve as a model for what is possible.
Our Core Values
- Collecting data and best practices to track progress and implement change;
- Connecting campus sustainability practices, programs, and people;
- Creating a living, learning laboratory on campus;
- Catalyzing and leading the campus community toward action;
- Communicating campus sustainability initiatives and successes.
Working with the Sustainability Office
The Sustainability Office is a resource for the students, faculty, staff and our community. We support the University’s commitments for climate action and drive strategies toward carbon neutrality through sustainable education, research, engagement, and campus progress.