The University of Utah is a large organization with many moving parts. Our Green Teams create hyper-local groups of people within colleges and departments, all with common goals to educate, conserve energy, reduce waste, and increase responsible purchasing and commuting practices across campus.
The Sustainability Office provides several resources, toolkits, and staff support to help you create a successful Green Team. Contact Karren Nichols for more information or assistance organizing a Green Team.
Ideas for Getting Started
- Follow the University of Utah’s Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Guidelines.
- Commit to using the Green Event Checklist for all your department’s events.
- Connect with the Recycling Office in Facilities Management to improve recycling access in your office.
- Use staff meetings and newsletters to provide green office tips.
- Work with students on a Sustainable Campus Initiative Fund (SCIF) project.
- Use University Archives and Records Management to shred and recycle sensitive documents.
- Need a new piece of furniture? Check out Surplus & Salvage before purchasing brand new items.
- Create a team for the Commuter Challenges.