Education is a key component to the success of the University’s recycling efforts. The Recycling Ambassadors are a group of outreach volunteers who teach the campus community the best practices for and ways to improve recycling.
Campus Recycling Outreach
Become the Teacher
Get Involved in the University’s effort to reduce how much waste it sends to the landfill. Join the Recycling Ambassadors, a volunteer program created by the Sustainability Office and Facilities Management that gives volunteers the tools they need to teach their peers how to improve recycling on campus. Sign up now to get more information about the next round of the Recycling Ambassador program.
- What can and cannot be recycled on main campus;
- The common contaminants in recycling bins at the University of Utah; and
- How to talk to peers, as well as faculty and staff, about improving behavior.
- 1-hour class to learn more information on the campus waste and recycling system;
- A 1-hour tour of Rocky Mountain Recycling; and
- 4 hours of volunteering.