Events. Need a free U-lock? APRIL 10 is Earthfest on the Marriot Plaza – bring your bike and register with the Campus Police to receive a free U-lock. Find a rack, lock it up, and thwart the thieves!
Infrastructure. The state of Utah owns and manages major roadways surrounding the University. These roads include Foothill Boulevard, South and North Campus Drive, and Mario Capecchi Drive. In 2018 the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) resurfaced the roads they own around the University. Beyond smoothing the roadway surface, this project added:
- New bicycle lanes on Mario Capecchi Drive between Foothill and South Campus Drive
- New bike ramps in both directions on Mario Capecchi Drive that allow safe access for cyclists from the bike lanes onto the sidewalk approaching the intersections at South Campus and Foothill Drive
- Shared lane “sharrow” markings that added to South Campus Drive west of the roundabout to University Street in both directions
- New radar detection to change the light for bicycles waiting at intersections
- New pedestrian ramps compliant for ADA at all major intersections
This work improves the University’s active transportation network and improves safety for our most vulnerable road users. Stay tuned for more improvements on our roads this summer!