In line with the University of Utah’s response to the COVID-19 public health situation, the Sustainability Office is suspending components of its programming. On March 12, the university announced it will shift classes to all-online instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. Learn more about the university’s response through coronavirus.utah.edu, which is being updated regularly, or call the U’s COVID-19 telephone hotline at 801-213-2874.
The following Sustainability programs are affected:
- Postponed: Falling Out by Phantom Limb Company. Falling Out will now take place on Friday, Jan. 15 at 7:30 p.m. Original tickets will be honored for the new date.
- Postponed: Wasatch Experience workshop. New dates will be announced soon.
- Postponed: Declutter Day, a recycling collection event partnership with the Utah Department of Commerce. A new date will be announced soon.
- Canceled: Global Change & Sustainability seminars for the remainder of the spring semester. Check the GCSC website for updated on the fall seminars at environment.utah.edu.
- Canceled: Sustainability Faculty Learning Community in-person meetings. Check our website soon for fall dates.
- Canceled: Edible Campus Gardens volunteer shifts for the remainder of the spring semester.
- Canceled: Earth Week activities, April 6-11, including Earth Fest and the Edible Campus Garden’s Last Frost Kickoff. This also includes the spring bicycle registration and lock giveaway. To register your bicycle on campus, contact the University of Utah Police.
- Canceled: Space Heater Exchange program; may reopen in fall semester.
- Impacted: Event-related Sustainable Campus Initiative Fund grants.
We will continue to update this list as needed.