Apply to SCIF
SCIF awards three sizes of grants:
- Small Grants: <$1,000 (applications accepted on a rolling basis)
- Medium Grants: $1,000-$10,000 (applications accepted/grants awarded three times a semester; see dates below)
- Large Grants: >$10,000 (expressions of interest (EOI) due mid-fall semester, with final applications due in January and grants awarded in early spring semester; see dates below)
If your project will involve any University structures or imply any changes to campus grounds please click here.
The application process is as follows:
- Set up a meeting with the SCIF Coordinator.
- Plan and design your project.
- Contact all relevant parties – SCIF Coordinator can help.
- Submit rough draft of application and proposal to the SCIF Coordinator for review.
- If you are planning on doing a project that will change the landscape or is permanent, please refer to the SCIF Landscape Structure Checklist.
- Once feedback is received, revise your application and submit final draft to SCIF Coordinator.
- All final drafts will be sent to the Allocations Committee.
- The Allocations Committee will meet to discuss the project. During this time it is common for the committee to provide questions and feedback for the applicant.
- The applicant will have one week to draft responses that will then be submitted to the Allocations Committee for final decision.
- The Allocations Committee will vote on all submitted applications (this process can range between 1-2 weeks).
- The SCIF coordinator will inform all candidates about the decisions and then all approved projects will begin.